EXHIBITOR TERMS & CONDITIONS
Thank you for reading!
1. The Exhibitor agrees to abide by all rules & regulations adopted by Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers prior to, during or after the Show. The decision of Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers on any question of interpretation of these rules and regulations shall be final, conclusive and binding on all parties
2. Space rental fees are due and payable in full under the terms and conditions and by the date indicated on the Exhibit space contract unless otherwise specified.
(a) Exhibitors will not be allowed to move into the Show unless the aforesaid condition is met. In the event the Exhibitor fails to make payment as aforesaid or fails to comply in any respect with the Exhibitor Rules and Regulations, participation in the Stratford Home and Leisure Show shall cease and terminate. Any payment made by the Exhibitor on account hereof will be retained by the Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers as liquidated damages for breach of the contract. The Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers may thereupon re-rent said space.
(b) In the event that the Exhibitor’s cheque is returned by a bank due to insufficient funds, a $40.00 administration fee will be charged to the Exhibitor.
3. The Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers reserve the right in individual cases to waive compliance with any particular rule or regulation at any time.
4. An Exhibitor who is a member of the Stratford and Area Builders’ Association (SABA) will receive a booth discount. The said discount shall be a refund from SABA after full fees are paid to the Stratford Home & Leisure Show Organizers. Booth discount is determined by the SABA Board of Directors.
5. The Exhibitor is encouraged to link their social media to the social media/Facebook page of the Stratford Home and Leisure Show.
6. The Exhibitor agrees to obtain at its own expense, any licenses or permits required from government bodies, trade or industry associations, and any other third parties, for the operation of his/her business during the show.
7. The Exhibitor agrees to obey any non-smoking regulation in effect at the facility and agrees to ensure that its officers, agents, employees, and those for whom in law that are responsible for, obey any such, regulation.
8. Space contracts are valid for the current show only. A standard booth space is 10’ x 10’ x 8’ tall.
9. The Exhibitor is permitted direct selling at the Stratford Home and Leisure Show.
10. The Exhibitor will be responsible for and make good any damage that may be caused to the Stratford Rotary Complex or to its appurtenances which, but for the Exhibitor’s use, would not have occurred.
11. The Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers shall distribute information packages to each Exhibitor on Friday, prior to the Show’s opening.
12. The Stratford Home and Leisure Show organizers will host an Appreciation Dinner for all exhibitors on Saturday evening. Each Exhibitor will receive meal tickets equal in number to the amount of exhibitor badges provided/purchased for his/her booth. (see Section 7.3 for details)
1. The Exhibitor shall obtain and maintain at the Exhibitor’s own expense a policy of insurance acceptable to the organizers of the Stratford Home and Leisure Show. The insurance coverage will commence on the first move-in date and terminate on the last move-out date.
2. Liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.00 or greater is required. Each Exhibitor will accept liability for use of the Stratford Rotary Complex and the content of each Exhibitor’s booth. If there is damage to the Stratford Rotary Complex floor or walls, the Exhibitor will be responsible for any repair costs.
3. The following information is required on the insurance certificate:
• Dates of Coverage:
• Location: Stratford Rotary Complex, 353 McCarthy Road, Stratford, ON N5A 7S7
• Event: Stratford Home and Leisure Show
• Additional Insured: City of Stratford
3.0 MOVE IN AND OUT/STAFF ENTRY
1.Move in begins Thursday prior to the Show’s opening. Access to the Rotary Complex for set up is from 7AM – 11:00 pm. Access for vehicles is at discretion of Stratford Home & Leisure Show Organizers and the Rotary Complex staff. Aisles must be cleared completely by 2:00 PM Friday. The vehicle access doors will be closed Friday at 9 am to enable the rooms to warm up for the show.
2. Move out is Sunday 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm and Monday 8:00 am – noon. No Exhibitor shall tear down till show is closed at 4:00 pm on Sunday. No vehicles are allowed in the building until the area is cleared of the public. It is highly recommended that Exhibitors who are unable to move out Sunday remove smaller items (i.e. VCRs, TVs, computers, etc.) from their displays. Stratford Home & Leisure Show Organizers does not assume responsibility for any losses.
3. Staff will be permitted to enter the Stratford Home and Leisure Show thirty minutes prior to opening times on Saturday and Sunday. Badges must be shown for entry. If a staff person does not have a badge, an admission fee must be paid which is refundable upon production of an exhibitor badge.
4.0 SPACE /DISPLAY
1. Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers reserve the right to determine the eligibility of Exhibitors and exhibits for the show, to reject or prohibit exhibits or Exhibitors which the Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers consider objectionable, and to relocate Exhibitors or exhibits when, in the opinion of the Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers, such moves are necessary to maintain the character and/or good order of the Show.
2. The Exhibitor agrees to occupy the contracted space during the full term of the Show.
3. The Exhibitor agrees not to sublet the contracted space without written permission from the Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers. This permission may be arbitrarily withheld.
4. Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers reserve the right to cancel the contract with any Exhibitor who is in violation of any of the show rules or for misrepresentation. This decision shall be at the sole discretion of the Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers.
5. No articles which are offensive by reason of their odor, sound or appearance or which are dangerous by reason of their combustible or explosive character will be accepted or admitted.
6. An Exhibitor display must not exceed the following standard drapery partition height of 8 feet. Display units must be finished to the satisfaction of the Show Organizers so that a raw or unfinished side is not left exposed to the next exhibit.
7. Exhibitors with pre-built displays must adhere to the booth space purchased so as to avoid blocking off neighbouring exhibits. Variations, changes and/or exceptions to the standard display and/or construction regulations can only be made by special arrangement with the Show Organizers.
8. Display materials and signs must not overhang the aisles or encroach upon adjacent exhibits.
9. Exhibitors will be granted access to the buildings prior to the opening of the show for the purpose of setting up their exhibits. For details, see the ‘Move in and out’ section.
5.0 FIRE, SAFETY AND SECURITY
1. No materials which are dangerous by reason of their combustible or explosive nature will be accepted or admitted.
2. Exhibitors will take necessary precautions to protect and guard any products or demonstrations of products that are liable to cause accidents, injury or damage to any individual or to the property of the Rotary Complex or any Show suppliers.
3. Any Exhibitor wishing to heat food products or any other material must have written approval from the Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers. All public health and fire inspection regulations apply. Any Exhibitor wishing to heat food products or any other material must have an approved inspection fire extinguisher in the exhibit space.
4. Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers will not be liable for any loss to an exhibit or due to the negligence of other Exhibitors or officials.
5. The exhibit areas will be locked during non-Show hours. Please use your own judgment in guarding against theft. Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers do not assume responsibility for any losses.
1. Notice of cancellation must be in writing and must be received at least thirty (30) business days prior to the opening date of the Show. Cancellation, for any reason within 30 business days of the opening day will result in forfeiture of all monies paid. Cancellation, for any reason, prior to 30 business days from the opening day will result in an administrative fee of $100 per booth being withheld from refund of any monies paid so as to cover administrative costs incurred by the organizers. This also includes contracts signed after the cancellation deadline.
2. Unless otherwise specified, space rental fees are due and payable in full under the terms and conditions of the Exhibitor Contract. In event that the Exhibitor fails to make payment of the contract agreement, the Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers reserve the right to cancel the exhibit contract without notice and all rights of the Exhibitor hereunder shall cease and terminate. Any payment made on account will be retained as liquidated damages for breach of contract The Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers may re-rent the said space. Failure to appear at the event does not release the Exhibitor from responsibility for payment of the full cost of the space rented.
3. Any and all space rental must be paid in full prior to move-in.
4. In the event that the facility in which the show is to be held is destroyed or becomes unavailable for occupancy for reasons beyond the control of Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers, or for any reason the Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers are unable to permit the Exhibitor to occupy the facility or space, or if the show is cancelled or curtailed, the Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers and sponsors will not be responsible for any loss of business, loss of profits, damage or expense that the Exhibitor may suffer. The reasons listed include but are not limited to fire, explosion, flood, weather or other Acts of God, acts of public enemies, riots or civil disturbances, strike, lockout or boycott.
7.0 EXHIBITOR CONDUCT
1. All exhibits must be staffed at all times and attendants must be at least 19 years of age.
2. The Exhibitor agrees that there will be no representation of any other companies and / or products other than that of the registered Exhibitor.
3. Two Exhibitor badges will be provided for a 10’ x 10’ and/or a 10’ x 15’ booth, 3 badges for a 10’ x 20’ booth, and four (4) badges for any sizes larger than this. Exhibitors wishing to purchase additional badges for staff may do so.
4. Exhibitors must keep their display clean and neat at all times. Cleaning should be done prior to opening or after closing.
5. Out of respect and courtesy for all, all business must be conducted within your allotted exhibit space. No selling may be conducted in the aisles.
6. The use of public address systems or other similar devices for the purpose of attracting attention to the Exhibitor’s exhibit space is prohibited. The decision of what constitutes undue noise, unseemly or unethical methods shall be the right of the Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers.
7. No animals are allowed except service dogs.
8. Food and beverage samples are to be as follows: 2” x 2” food and 1 oz. beverage. All food vendors offering samples or sales of unpackaged food items must also complete and submit a Food Vendors Application form to the Perth District Health Unit at least two weeks prior to the Show. This form is available from the Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers.
1. The Exhibitor accepts all risks associated with the use of the exhibit space. The Exhibitor shall not make any claim or demand or take legal action, whatsoever, against Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers, the show sponsors or the facility in which the show is held, for any loss, damage or injury howsoever cause, to the Exhibitor, its officers, employees, agents or their property.
2. The Exhibitor shall indemnify Stratford Home and Leisure Show Organizers from and against all claims and demands, costs and charges of every kind resulting from their occupancy of the exhibit space or area, for personal injuries, death, property damages or any other damage sustained by the Exhibitor or its officers, employees or those for whom in law are responsible, or a visitor to the show.
9.0 CONTACT INFORMATION
We appreciate your participation in the Stratford Home and Leisure Show.